• Any reference to “Knosys”, “us”, “we” or “our” means Knosys Solutions Pty Ltd ACN 164 457 783;
• Content means content created by you within the KnowledgeIQ product;
• GDPR means the General Data Protection Regulation;
• Personal Information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable
natural person or company and includes information that you provide to us directly,
information that we collect from third parties and information we collect from devices;
• Privacy Act means the Australian Commonwealth Privacy Act (1988);
• Site means a site hosted or operated by us and includes any site hosted on the knosys.it,
knosys.co, knocloud.co or knoiq.co domains as well as any site hosted on a domain that you provide to us.
3. How do we collect non-personal information?
When you use your KnowledgeIQ Cloud-hosted instance, we collect information from you, including, without limitation, which of your site pages you visit, what web browser you are using and what your source IP address is. This data is always used as aggregated, non-Personal Information. We may analyse this non-Personal Information however we will not release this to any third parties in either individual or aggregated form.
4. What Personal Information do we collect?
We collect the following personal information about you, your organisation and your users:
4.1. Information that you provide directly to us
Signing up for KnowledgeIQ
When you sign up to our service, we collect the following information (which includes Personal Information) from you:
• Your Name; and
• The name of your Organisation; and
• Your email address; and
• The physical address of your organisation.
Creating Content within KnowledgeIQ
When you use the KnowledgeIQ service to create content (“Content”), we collect the following information (which may include Personal Information) from you or your users:
• Any text, photos, images, video, audio or other content that you enter while creating Content.
Logging in to KnowledgeIQ
When you choose to use a third-party login method to access the KnowledgeIQ system, such as Single Sign On, the Single Sign On system may provide us with additional information about you or your users. Knosys does not utilise or retain additional information provided by Single Sign On systems other than your username (which is necessary to provide you with access to the KnowledgeIQ instance).
4.2. Device Information
Like most web applications, when you visit your KnowledgeIQ instance, we automatically collect certain information through the use of device identifiers and other information about your web browser, IP address and time zone. Some of this information may be classified as Personal Information. Additionally, when you browse your KnowledgeIQ instance, we collection information about the individual pages visited, what pages referred you to your instance and how you interact with your instance. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
• “cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and can contain tracking identifiers or application-specific information.
• “log files” track actions occurring on your KnowledgeIQ instance, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages and date/time stamps.
Note that Knosys does not employ “cookies” or “web beacons” that contain anonymous identifiers when you use your KnowledgeIQ instance. The KnowledgeIQ solution uses “cookies” only to provide you with the KnowledgeIQ service.
You can disable cookies through your web browser however, note that if you do so, the KnowledgeIQ software may not function correctly.
5. How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
• Providing our products and services: We use the information that you provide to us to provide our products and services. This includes allowing you to log in to the KnowledgeIQ service, giving you access to create and use your content, recognising you across different services and devices and billing you for transactions that you have requested us to bill you for.
• Communicating with you: We use your contact information to send communications to you about important changes or updates to our products and services. We may also use you contact information to send you advertising material about our products and services, unless you have asked us not to.
• Performing data analytics: We use the information about you to help improve our products and services, including by generating analytics about how you interact with your KnowledgeIQ instance.
• Keeping your KnowledgeIQ instance secure: We use information about you to screen for potential risks and security breaches.
• Where you have given your content: We may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you give your content for us to do this, we will use your information in accordance with that purpose. You may withdraw your content to these uses at any time.
For Personal Information subject to the GDPR, we rely on the following bases to process information:
• Where you have given your content for us to use your information;
• Where the processing is necessary to perform a contract what we have with you, for
example when you purchase our products and services for yourself, your organisation
and your users;
• Our legitimate business interests, such as improving our products and services (but only
where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your
Personal Information); and
• Where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
You may at any time refuse to provide the Personal Information that we request. However, tis may limit or prohibit our ability to provide our products and services to you. You may withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Information at any time by contacting us in accordance with our “Contact Us” information below.
6. Who do we disclose Personal Information to?
• Government third parties, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies as required, authorised or permitted by law; and
• A third party that acquires or intends to acquire Knosys or its assets.
7. International transfers of Personal Information
Knosys will not transfer your Personal Information outside of the regions specified by you when you sign up to the KnowledgeIQ service.
8. Changing or deleting your Personal Information
You may update certain account information such as your name and email address by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” in the relevant communication.
You may also access, review, update, rectify or delete your Personal Information by contacting us. We will respond to all requests within 30 days. Please note that deleting your Personal Information may limit our ability to provide the service to you.
We may limit or reject your request in certain cases, including without limitation where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case question, where the rights of other persons would be violated or as required by law or governance purposes.
If you need further assistance regarding your access and control of your Personal Information, please contact us.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it (including encryption and password protection). Each of our employees is aware of our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees who need it to perform their jobs.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet using industry standard technology is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
10. Data Retention
When you place an order with us, we will maintain your Personal Information, and other personal information you have provided, for our records because we need this information to operate the accounts you have with us, to deliver our products and services to you and for the other purposes set out in the “What Personal Information do we collect?” section. We will retain this information unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
12. Additional rights for EEA customers
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, then in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you.
In providing our products and services to you, we may make use of a number of automated processes using your Personal Information and your activity as tracked by us, in order to provide optimised services to you.
In addition to your rights set out above, you may:
• update or rectify any of the Personal Information we hold about you, in the manner described in the "Changing or Deleting your Personal Information" section above;
• request that we provide you with a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you in a portable and machine-readable form or share your Personal Information with a nominated third party. This can be done be contacting us directly, using the details as set out in the “Contact us” section.
If you are unhappy with our data practices, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
13. Contact us
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries about the use of your private information.
You can email us at: email@example.com or write to us at: Knosys Solutions Pty Ltd
2 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 AUSTRALIA